Medicinal Plants of the West Caast is essential for herbal and native plant enthusiasts on the West Coast. It describes over 80 herbs that are common to the Pacific Northwest and over 300 plant species that grow on the West Coast, from Baja California to Alaska.
Author Michael Moore writes clearly, knowledgably, and with some humor. He offers authoritative information on the plants':
- identification and safe use
- appearance, habitats, collecting methods, and storage
- therapeutic uses, constituents, and preparations
- potential toxicities and medical contraindications
- tea making, tincturing, and salve making
This book also features 80 black and white line-drawings and 44 color plates. Each monograph includes a map outlining the habitat of the described species. Appendices for supplemental herbs and therapeutic uses of herbs, as well as a glossary and extensive explanation of the formatting used for each species' monograph contribute to this unique book's usefulness to herbalists and plant lovers alike. 358 pages