Authored by Bastyr graduates, Alissa Segersten, BS and Tom Malterre, MSN, this cookbook offers readers and food lovers a new and in-depth look at foods found in their whole form with easy to understand instructions on how to prepare them. Learn to prepare foods that promote optimal health, prevent disease, and energize the body. There are over 200 delicious, nourishing recipes in this cookbook that will delight your taste buds and satisfy your soul.
- Evidence-based information on whole foods
- Usable information on food sensitivities
- A complete guide to stocking your whole foods pantry
- Allergy-free recipes, including ways to adapt recipes with gluten, dairy or eggs
- Breakfast recipes
- Whole grain recipes
- Wholesome dessert and snack recipes
- Fresh vegetable dishes
- A schedule for introducing solid foods to infants
- A proven 28-day elimination and detoxification diet
- Simple ways to reduce global warming with your diet
Alissa Segersten received her Bachelor’s of Science from Bastyr University and is currently a cooking instructor, empowering people with cooking skills so that they may reconnect with the pleasure in eating delicious, nourishing food.
Tom Malterre received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s of Science in Nutrition from Bastyr University and is a licensed Certified Nutritionist. Tom offers classes, seminars and private counseling.