Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West is essential for herbal and native plant enthusiasts on the West Coast. It describes over 80 herbs that are common to the Pacific Northwest and over 300 plant species that grow on the West Coast, from Baja California to Alaska.
Author Michael Moore writes clearly, knowledgably, and with some humor. He offers authoritative information on the plants':
- identification and safe use
- appearance, habitats, collecting methods, and storage
- therapeutic uses, constituents, and preparations
- potential toxicities and medical contraindications
- tea making, tincturing, and salve making